The Arts Scholarship programme supports students who are keen to develop their individual arts interests alongside their studies. Successful applicants to the programme can receive up to £1000 a year, for up to three years and be part of the scholar network, collaborating with like-minded peers and performing at our excellence showcase Platform. Arts Scholars typically have a high level of experience in one of the art forms below. Scholars may have shown their work in exhibitions, performances, and/or have won awards.
Arts scholarships are available to all University of Bath students in any year of study. You are welcome to cite any art form which may include (but is not limited to) the following:
• Performing Arts (including acting, music, dancing, singing, spoken word, musical theatre, circus etc.)
• Technical/Backstage skills
• Visual Arts (inc. photography, drawing, painting, sculpture, digital, video art etc.)
• Excellence in piano
Arts Scholarship applications for 2019/2020 are now closed. Information and application forms for 20/21 will be available on this page from Mon 17 Aug 2020. This will include Guidance Notes which list applicant criteria, advice on audition preparation and the commitment involved in the programme. The deadline for application submission will be Fri 02 Oct 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the application process please contact email@example.com
The Office for the Arts also offers Tuition Awards to contribute to the costs of arts tuition/classes both here at The Edge and externally. The award will contribute to the costs for tuition in the spring semester. Tuition Awards, are granted annually to students that meet the following criteria:
• Eligibility (i.e. having conditional offer) to study at the University of Bath as an undergraduate
• In receipt of the Bath Bursary, Income Related Scholarship or Gold Scholarship
• A demonstrable commitment to personal arts progression
These tuition awards are made possible thanks to generous gifts from the following supporters:
Kathryn & Simon Arnold (four music awards) – piano, organ, keyboard or singing tuition.
Cullum Family (music award) – any instrument
Nick Berry (six theatre/ dance/ visual arts awards) – all art forms considered
The application process for 19/20 has now closed. Applications for 20/21 will open Mon 17 Aug 2020. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you’re a student at the University of Bath and are planning a creative project, you may like to apply for financial support from the Arts Development Fund, which exists to promote and support arts excellence amongst our student community.
The Arts Development Fund is administered by the Office for the Arts and can support any arts-related activity so, if you’re planning an event, want a professional masterclass or need new equipment, apply today.
Applications are accepted throughout the year and are assessed regularly by our panel who include representatives from the Office for the Arts and the SU.
To be considered for an award from the Arts Development Fund please ensure your application meets the following criteria:
– Your creative project/activity/equipment must add to the creative life of students on campus and be an opportunity for fellow students to learn and develop their creative skills.
– Your creative project/activity/equipment must be in addition to your regular annual activity and a one-off or special event.
– You must not have received an ADF award for a similar event/activity in the past.
– Funded events/workshops must be available for members of the Edge Arts Community to attend (an allocated number of places must be made available to them for free or at a discounted rate).
– Applications should be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the start date of the project, event or activity described in the application.
Submitting an application to the Fund typically marks the start of a discussion and development process between the society, group or individual and the Office for the Arts. This is a mutually beneficial process as it allows for the development of ideas and exploration of the mode and suitability of any support offered.
To apply, please download the application form and email Alex Homewood at email@example.com