To celebrate the return of the Jerwood Drawing Prize, The Edge are welcoming families for a jam-packed day of drawing.
We’re delighted to have the Jerwood Drawing Prize, the largest and longest running annual open drawing exhibition in the UK, back at The Edge. With works by 65 artists from across the UK, this year’s exhibition includes hand drawn, digital and three-dimensional works.
On Saturday 17th February we are welcoming families for a festival of drawing.
– Get comfy in the Drawing Den, full of activities for all the family
– Meet Bob, the Live Architectural Illustrator who will be drawing on request in our foyer
– Become the canvas for the day and get your face painted
– Meet Giant Sketchy the drawing robot – have your photo taken and watch as Giant Sketchy draws your portrait for you to take home
– Take part in our Create Art Drawing Special in the Art Studio. With lots of drawing activities, our regular art club is designed to involve the whole family
– Be entranced by SUITCASE STORIES brought to us by Tell Tale Hearts. An interactive show for family members 3+ in our Weston Studio. Performances happening throughout the day
– Play and draw with special drawing machines, led by artist Alex Roberts
– Join one of the family friendly gallery tours and hear more about the entries to the Jerwood Drawing Prize 2017
– Get creative and take part in the drawing games and challenges, happening throughout the day
– Follow the Drawing Trail and collect a badge for each of the activities you take part in
£10 ADULT, £8 CONCS, £6 CHILD – FOR WHOLE DAY ENTRY
FAMILY TICKETS AVAILABLE £26/£24 (2 ADULTS & 2 KIDS/1 ADULT & 3 KIDS)
Ticket allows access to all activities*. Activities designed for children 3+ with parental assistance but all family members welcome!
*Face painting will incur an extra charge of £2.